Mar 27, 2013

Eggstravaganza

Easter is almost here and I didn't do an Easter storytime, but I did do an eggcellent version of one!

Question of the day: Did you have eggs for breakfast? Verdict 5 no, 4 yes (2 came in late and didn't vote). One of them didn't eat chicken or candy eggs, she ate a food egg (I love them, I really do).
Roly-Poly Egg by Kali Stileman. Kids liked this one, they were surprised by the blue polka dotted bird. "Why isn't he red?" hmmm good question.

I Can Shake my Shaker Egg. Mr. Eric & Mr. Michael. Classical music and egg shakers, what's not to love? and it keeps speeding up until it gets out of control at the end and we are all running in place. My favorite moment was when one of the little boys wanted to know why there was a storm in the song: timpani's were booming!

Hedgie's Surprise by Jan Brett. I'm not quite sure why this storytime crew loves the Jan Brett, but they do and will sit for the whole book long.
I Know a Chicken. Laurie Berkner Band. More egg shakers. I probably over use this song, but I love it. It has different directions to follow- shake them fast, slow, up and down and around.

Fox and the Hen by Eric Battut. They helped identify each animal as it helped out the hen and the kids really appreciated the rock egg at the end of the story.

Our eggstra craft at the end was an egg shape with their name on it that they painted with egg yolk paint (egg yolks mixed with food color- liquid water color makes prettier colors than food coloring, but I didn't have any). The consensus was that Hedgie's Surprise was the favorite this week.
Also there was a little yellow Peep for each child after they finished their egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment