Jun 11, 2015

Kryptonite Krispies in a Cup

I got the idea for the Kryptonite Krispies here.

I saw the picture and knew it would be an easy snack to add to our school age crafting program (I always try to add an edible crafty snack).

What you need:
  • One large styrofoam cup per kid (a bowl might work better, our cups tipped over sometimes)
  • 4 big marshmallows
  • 1/4 tbsp butter
  • 2/3 C of Rice Krispies (or the generic kind is definitely cheaper, one box was enough for about 20 kids)
  • Green & Yellow Food coloring, 1-2 drops per cup


I had the kids put the marshmallows in the cup, a volunteer portioned out the butter for them and they added that to the cup as well. Microwave for about 12-18 seconds depending on how fast your microwave melts stuff. The volunteer handing out the butter also supervised the food coloring drops when the kids added them. Stir with a fork, and eat with same fork. Super easy, super quick. I'm sure you could modify with Fruity Pebbles or other such cereal. I can't wait to modify this and use it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment