Apr 11, 2013

It was Juusst Riiight!

I love the Three Bears! I get to use my GREAT BIG PAPA BEAR VOICE, My Sarcastic Mama Bear Voice, and my squeaky, high-pitched baby bear voice.

The question of the day was "Have you Heard the Story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears?" It ended up being split down the middle, 6 said they had and 6 said they hadn't. There were a few moms who were upset when I wrote down their child's name under "no" when they child told me they hadn't heard it before. Apparently it is the sign of bad parenting if your kids haven't heard that story (I was not aware of this).

The stories: Goldilocks and the Three Bears adapted by James Marshall. Then we ran in place to The Laurie Berkner Band's I'm Gonna Catch You. Somebody and the Three Blairs by Marilyn Tolhurst, our second book was a huge hit! The kids could bearly (ha ha) contain themselves when the roles were reversed, and there was even more laughter when the bear was trying to drink out of the toilet. We sang the We're Going on a Bear Hunt song with some flannel pieces that I have. Thank goodness for the grandma who helped me out with the call and response part of the chant. It really helped the kids out to have a role model, teachable moment anyone? There was only time for one more three bears story and the popular vote was for dinosaurs, so we read Mo Willems' Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs. They were already giggly from the Three Blairs, so they had fun with this one, too. After the stories, it was time for painting bear shapes and sprinkling on coffee grounds... 
the room smelled juusst riiight!

No comments:

Post a Comment